Saturday, June 22, 2013

Camp Loopy again



 The deadline for finishing my first Camp Loopy project is fast approaching. It needs to be done and posted on The Loopy Ewe's website before the end of the month.

Gracie, the wonder dog, stands guard over the drying yarn. I learned a lot while spinning this yarn. While the gradations are not nearly as gradual as I wanted them to be, the yarn turned out to be fairly consistent in size and soft. It was a joy to knit.







It's a modular knit, meaning each little fan was built on the earlier fans. It was a lot harder than it should have been, mostly because I seem to be incapable of counting rows.

My "hiking buddies" and I were assigned to Mt. Tinknomore. Tink is knit backwards, or to unknit. I did a whole lot of tinking on this project. Not that it was at all hard, I am just still waiting for the return of my brain.






All in all, I'm pretty impressed with myself. I spun enough yarn to knit up this pretty shawl, and knit it up, all in just about a month. Stand back lest my cape snap you in the eye!

I'd like to knit this shawl again, with a solid color, perhaps a pale pink or peach. It has the potential to be quite elegant.




And hot of the heels of Project One, Project Two is about to start. This month's challenge is to knit something that has been very popular on Ravelry. (If you knit or crochet or spin or weave, you HAVE to get on Ravelry. It's simply awesome.)




 I'll be making a sweet little cardigan with cotton yarn, and hanging out in treehouse #4.

3 comments:

  1. It's beautiful, Beth!!! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous Beth! I'm still trying to finish up the pair of socks I'm doing...it will be my first finished pair, and I'm learning the two at a time method to do it...but it is mighty hot to knit right now...A/C is out - salesman coming at noon to talk new units...we of course had hoped to eek one more year out of them. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth, that's a *gorgeous* shawl! Do you mind sharing the pattern name and where you found it? I'd love to give it a try at some point; I love knitting lace, and this design is just too tempting. :)

    ReplyDelete